Thursday, January 26, 2012

They're Here . . . Are YOU Ready?

Last year I told you about a
DAILY
EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS
ASSIGNMENT
I had prepared for YOU!
It was supposed to start on January 1st of this year
but because of my computer virus'
it was a little delayed.
(2 Nephi 2:11 should sum things up!)
It's MY scripture!
Anyway...
I'm going to post a week's worth of assignments
at a time until I get caught up and
then I will post one a day.
Here's the one for January 1st!
Take a few minutes if you haven't already to write
your goals down.
Don't Forget to include the family...
"Many hands make light work!"
January 2nd:
Awwww...
A New Notebook!
Just the thought of it brings pure JoY!
I added a cover to my black notebook.
Here's the PDF:
January 3rd:
Write this down in your notebook
and make a plan!
Here's are a few a links from earlier posts I did on
Food Storage in Small Spaces:
January 4th:
This is one of my FaVoRiTe Scriptures!
Add this scripture to your notebook.
What does EVERY NEEDFUL THING mean to YOU?
Work as a FaMiLy to make...
Prayer
Fasting
Faith
Learning
Order
and
Preparing Every Needful Thing
a priority in your HoMe!
January 5th:

The 3 Box System is EASY!
Set aside 30 minutes a day to DECLUTTER.
In that 30 minutes you will need to make decisions fast.
Give Away, Put Away or Throw Away.
Each item will belong in one of the boxes.
Don't spend too much time thinking about it.
The more time you spend, the more likely you are to
keep something that you don't really NEED.
Know the difference between a NEED vs. a WANT.
Don't put things away as you go.
It will take more time and the chances of getting
distracted along the way are not worth it.
Take the "Give Away" stuff to the car.
Don't let it sit in your home! Little by little
the clutter will find it's way out of the bag
and back into your life.
I've had the opportunity to go into a lot of homes
to organize. 
We are overwhelmed!
We have gone from keeping the basics...to well beyond
in our spending or collecting.
I have seen first hand as I work with women
that the STUFF has not made them happier.
Everything we bring into our homes
will demand our attention.
Decide BEFORE you go to the store,
what THINGS are really worth your time!
Be strong and remember...
LESS IS truly MORE!
January 6th:

MAKE YOUR KIDS A PART OF THE
DECLUTTERING PROCESS!
Teach them how to live simply.
Just 10 things to start with and then go from there.
Incentives always make the process more FuN!
Are you still breathing....?
Just one more!
January 7th:

That's it for today!
Are you worn right out?
Remember:
It's not a race,
It's more like a marathon...
Pace Yourself and EnJOY the Process!

8 comments:

kimber said...

LOVING IT! Thanks I have big plans for this year!

Sam said...

You are amazing for putting these together! Thanks. I have *big* ideas for our home this year and you have given me a great start. Thanks!

lori said...

I can't download any of the PDFs since the new year! I really would like them - please help! Is there another way to access them?

Cami said...

The pdf file link above is only a copy of the notebook cover. Is there a file that has the daily assignments?

Prepared Not Scared said...

Cami,
I will get started on that right away. Would you like them in colored cards or as a 1-2 page black and white assignment sheet?
Let me know!
Trish

Prepared Not Scared said...

Lori,
What happens when you try to download a file? I know that I sometimes have to double click to get it to open. Let me know what I can do to help.
Trish

Lisa said...

Hi Trish,
Lisa down here in AZ (the one who used your Vital Records Binder for a legal preparedness class. Which by the way, we had 74 people order one! WHOA!!!). Anyway, I'd love a downloadable copy as well. I'll take whatever is easiest for you . . . THANK YOU for all you do in your calling. Your efforts are blessing so many people. Keep up the good work!

Cami said...

Either way, colored cards or black and white pages, would be amazing!
Thank you so much!