Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ark Prep 101 - Follow Up for the Emergency School Bags!

Emergency School Bags
Follow Up!
I had some people who were interested in starting this
program in their schools and wondered where to start.
In order to start a program like this,
you have to start at the top.
The Principal is the first stop.
Explain the program and how it works.
The next stop would be with the PTA President.
Followed by the Teachers and Parents.
This topic would fall under the
Health and Safety department of the PTA
and would be a great activity to do during
Safety Week.
I have included a letter that could be sent to the
teachers as well as the parents.
The letters include a description of what the
Emergency School Bags are along with a contents list.
Here's the PDF for the Letters:
The Contents Lists are broken up into two lists.
The First List will be purchased in bulk to help save money
and to keep the contents of the bag equal in size and content.
Parents would be responsible for purchasing these items.
The Second List will be provided by the parents of the students.
I am checking the prices of the items in the first list.
I will post the best bulk prices I can find
along with the links to their websites.
I would like to see if I can keep the cost to under $5.00 per bag.
A $.50 fee would be included in the cost so that a class tote
can be purchased.  This will stay in the child's classroom and be
used to store all of the Emergency School Bags.
Hope that helps!
It might take a little bit of time to put together . . . but it will
be time well spent!
I would love to hear what you are doing in your schools
to help with safety and preparedness.

4 comments:

JOY said...

Love this idea to get the schools to participate! Thanks!

The Alaska Coyles said...

We love this idea so much, my son is planning on doing this for his Eagle project for scouts.
We home school yet this is great for all the public schools.

The David and Tricia Smith Family said...

What a great idea!!!!
You'll have to let me know how it goes!
Trish

Natalie said...

Thanks! I continue to be inspired! (We got a hanging weekly closet organizer for my preschooler this week!)