Saturday, April 17, 2010

Food Storage Meals and Menu Planning - Dinner: Chicken Rice Soup!

Today's Dinner Recipe:
Chicken Rice Soup!
This is the first picture I posted . . . and it's
THE WRONG ONE!
This is the Creamy Wild Rice and Mushroom
Soup Mix.
Sooo Sorry!
This is the RIGHT picture!
Thanks for bringing it to my attention,
I didn't even catch that I had posted the wrong picture.
We'll be doing the
Creamy Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup Mix
SOON!

This is a great soup mix recipe!
I love it when you can take an everyday meal
and turn it into a mix. 
It makes planning and making dinner
Super Fast and Easy.
It's a great time to try some of that bottled chicken!
I'm hoping that if I show you the picture of bottled chicken
enough times . . . it won't give you the heebeegeebies anymore!
Soup Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups Long Grain White Rice
3/4 cup Chicken Flavored Bouillon Granules
1 Tbsp. Dried Tarragon
2 Tbsp. Dried Parsley Flakes
2 Tbsp. Dried Minced Onion
1 1/2 cups Long Grain White Rice
Cooking Ingredients:
18 Cups Water
1 1/2 Tbsp. Butter
1 can Cooked Chopped Chicken or
1 cup Cooked Cubed Chicken
Here's the Recipe PDF:
Bottled Soup Mixes are a great option for your
3 Month Supply.  They are easy to store,
easy to rotate and easy to make!
Here's a Cute Soup Mix Label PDF for you to use
on your jars.  Make more than one so that you have some
on hand for later!

ENJOY!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In looking at the picture of the jar full of dry ingredients, is the first ingredient (at the bottom) possibly supposed to be flour (instead of 1 1/2 cups of rice listed twice on the recipe)???

The David and Tricia Smith Family said...

Thank you for straightening me out . . . I didn't even realize I had posted the wrong picture!
Trish

Anonymous said...

The recipe calls for 1.5 cups of rice twice. Is that right? Thanks a bunch for straightening me out.

The David and Tricia Smith Family said...

It is!
It's put in the jar that way to make it more fun to look at!