Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Preparedness Project - Family Emergency I.D. Cards and More!

This is my
Family Emergency I.D. Keeper
(I just made that name up . . . can you tell?!?)

I got mine at Target, but they have them at Walmart too!
They cost anywhere from $3.00-$7.00
Use the zippers for the flashlight and consecrated oil.
The Contents Include:
1- I.D. Card For Each Person In My Family
Front:

Back:

Cash for an EMERGENCY
(Gotta come up with this one on your own!)
An Extra Debit or Credit Card
An Extra House Key
Attach key to card with Glue Dots

An Extra Key For Each Car
Attach key to card with Glue Dots
An Emergency Contact List
Front:
Back:
My Family Emergency Plan
Back:
Medical Insurance Info. and Card
Front:
Back:
Car Insurance Info. and Insurance Card
Front:

Back:

A Few Waterproof Matches
Consecrated Oil
and
A Mini Flashlight!
Here's the PDF for all the Wallet Inserts:
Instructions:
Print Packet and Fill Out the Information.
Use an ink pad for Thumbprints.
Add Photos.
(I added actual wallet-sized photos as well.)
Laminate, Cut and Put into wallet slots.
I used Glue Dots to attach keys.
This Packet will take a minute to put together,
but in an Emergency . . . You will be glad you
took the time to do it!

4 comments:

kimber said...

Is there a pdf file for this? If not I would like to have one! Thanks kimber- not a member of your ward but found your blog and am addicted to it! Thanks for all the great info and stuff!

thegirlwiththeplan said...

What a great blog you have. When it comes to preparedness, projects like this are my favorite. Ones that can be completed in a day and make you feel so good.
thanks for the info. I hope you don't mind a feature on my blog.
readysetplan.blogspot.com

Julie said...

HI!
I love your blog. I am wondering where you would put this Family ID Keeper.
Also, in your mixes to meals I'm wondering where you find sun-dried tomatoes that aren't in oil or another liquid?
Thanks for all the great info and projects.
juliewest122776@hotmail.com

The David and Tricia Smith Family said...

Julie,
I made 3 Family ID Keepers. I keep one with my Vital Records Binder, I hid one in my car, and one in my husbands car.
I dehydrated my own tomatoes. It's easy and fast and a homegrown tomato tastes amazing when they're dried that way. They are also a lot cheaper.
Hopin' that helps!
Trish