Saturday, October 2, 2010

Halloween Countdown Rewards!

You've all seen the
Halloween Countdown Blocks
but . . . I added a little bit of a twist to mine.
(I promise I'm not shaking when I take these photo's!)
Time for a NEW CAMERA! 
Maybe if you squint . . . the pictures will look more clear?!?
I found this cute paper mache' box at Robert's
for around $3.00. I spray painted it black and
added a paper Halloween scene to the inside of the lid
with Mod Podge.
Each side of the blocks have a piece of
scrapbook paper Mod Podged to it as well.
The words and numbers are vinyl.
The Numbers for the First Block Are:
0,1,2,3,4, and 5
The Numbers for the Second Block Are:
0,1,2,6 or 9 (turn the number upside down to get the other number) 7, and 8
I filled the box with Candybars and Dollar Store Prizes.
Each day the first person to finish their jobs
WINS THE PRIZE!
Only one prize is given each day!
It's a SpOoK-tacular way to get kids excited about
getting their chores done quickly!
Anything I can do to make daily jobs more
FUN and Positive . . . I'm in!
Now I'm as excited as the kids to
Countdown to Halloween!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Bless you! This is a fantastic idea!!!

Rhonda said...

I love this! Okay but I've never seen vinyl lettering. What area of the craft store would I find it in? I've looked and looked!

The David and Tricia Smith Family said...

I ordered mine from a friend, but you can buy the adhesive letter and number packs from any craft or scrapbook store and they will look just as cute!
Hope that helps!
Trish