Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ark Prep 101 - Communication!

Communication!
I have to say, this is the one part of preparedness
that gives me a little anxiety.
My family is spread between 3 schools and work.
I wanted to know that in an emergency,
I could get into contact with each of them and up to this
point, I've been a little stumped.
But then . . .
I was at my parent's home for their
FAVORITE DAUGHTER'S DINNER,
and I saw their ward newsletter.  They had a great idea for
communication in their ward.
Each month they have a
Communication Exercise.
They set a day and time to test their communication system
using
Walkie Talkies!
They make sure that everyone knows what channel
they need to be on for the test.
Each exercise consists of a group check-in and a 
short discussion on emergency preparedness.
Isn't that the greatest idea?!? 
Way to go Henefer 2nd Ward!
I've decided to do this same thing
for my own family. 
Each person in my family now has their own walkie talkie.
The school aged kids have a wrist walkie talkie.
(They're a little easier for them to have at school!)
We decided to try our
Emergency Communications Test
two ways.
The 1st: 
Is to test the walkie talkies on a certain day at a certain time.
We are also doing a check using cell phone texting.
The 2nd: 
 Is to test the system without a prior warning.
I'll let you know how it goes!
The Day Keeper Part 2 Post Is On It's Way
Later TODAY!

1 comment:

Sham said...

Yeah! I have been anxiously waiting!!!!!!!