Thursday, May 27, 2010

Preparedness Project - Travel Bag Organizer!

Vacation Time is almost here . . . Time to load the
suitcase and hit the road!
Don't you just love packing?!?
It seems like we spend alot of time organizing everyone's
clothes, trying to make sure that everything is in perfect order
and within minutes of arriving at our destination,
it looks like we just grabbed a load of unfolded laundry
and threw it into the suitcase!
This should help and it's SUPER EASY!
You Will Need:
2 1/2 Gallon Sized Ziploc Bags
(Gallon Sized Ziploc Bags are Perfect for Babies.)
Dryer Sheets
4 Large C-Rings
Hole Punch
and
Packing Tape
To Make the Travel Organizer:
Use the packing tape to reinforce the bottom of the ziploc bags.
Use the hole punch to put 4 holes into the bottom of the bags.
Repeat this process 6 more times.
(7 Total Bags . . . 1 for each day of the week.)
I just used 2 bags for the example.
Hook the bags together using the C-Rings.
Add 1 fresh dryer sheet to each bag.
Here's How It Works:
Put a full outfit into each bag along with the dryer sheet.
At the end of the day, just refold the dirty clothes and
put them back into the bag with the dryer sheet.
Now the clean clothes aren't mixed with the dirty clothes,
and the dirty one's will be refreshed by the dryer sheet.
You can do a quick check to make sure both socks,
belts, and other accessories are not left behind.
The travel bags fit easily into a suitcase or duffle bags.
And . . . They're Reusable!
I have been using mine since 1992 and it's still
hanging in there!
I made one for each member of my family.
I included days of the week cards to help keep my family
organized through the whole vacation!
Note the COLORS?!?
Here's the PDF:
By The Way . . . This is a great option for
72 Hour Kit Clothing.
It makes rotating clothing sizes very easy.
I put the whole outfit into 1- 2 1/2 gallon sized ziploc bag
with a dryer sheet.  I add a sizes and contents card
as well as a dryer sheet and when it's time to rotate,
I just move the older kids clothing to the younger sibblings.
(I have all boys . . . so it's perfect!)
Here's the 72 Hour Kit Contents Card PDF:
I just laminate the cards and use a
Permanent Sharpie Marker.
When I need to make changes, I use alcohol and the
ink wipes right off so the cards are reusable as well!
It's my Collin's Birthday Today,
so I'll post the Day Keeper Part 3 on Friday
instead of today!
Happy Birthday
Colliwog!

6 comments:

The Thompson Family said...

I can't wait to see what this looks like. I am going to try it.

CindyG said...

Can't wait for pictures, i am a very vision person.

Miss Katie said...

Happy Birthday to Collin!!
I LOVE your site!! I check it about 10 times a day to see if there is anything new! Thank you so much for all of your hard work!!

KD said...

Wow I love this website!! I just found it and i don't think i'm ever leaving it! Thanks for all the great ideas!

The David and Tricia Smith Family said...

Miss Katie . . . You made Collin's Day!
Thank You for the sweet comments . . .You made my day too!
Trish

Stephanie said...

Awesome!! This will be great for our upcoming pioneer trek!